6-max and real life!

Wednesday 24 March 2010

After a pretty bad start to the month i got pretty annoyed at my play at full ring. My play was far from consistent and it seemed like if i wasn't playing my best game i couldn't seem to win. I chatted a little to my house mate who has played both FR and 6max (probably more hands than me of both), he had just come off a huge downswing where he had crippled his roll playing 5/10 HU and PLO so had to move down to 100nl and grind. He recommended playing a really tight style at 6max, saying it was easy money because most players at that level are idiots!

For the past 2 weeks iv have only played 6-max and i have to say i am finding it really easy compared to full ring. The average 6-max player seems to be about 10 times as dumb as at full ring and even the big winners are probably on the same thinking level as the breakeven rakeback pro's of fullring. It took me a while and a bit of money to find out that people don't fold flopped pairs to 3 barrels but once i worked that out i stopped spewing money by bluffing and focused on value and it became easy!


Now you might also notice i have only played 22,000 hands in the last 2 weeks. This is mostly down to partying a lot. Last week we had a few nights out in a row and the last night my friend had to go back to uni in Blackpool (a few hours drive away) telling us about a party there that night. We decided to head off and got to the party around midnight, it wasn't great but we had a really fun time after round my friends house.


The other day i also went for a viewing on a 1 bedroom apartment in town i had been interested in, it looked really nice, exactly the type of place i was looking for. I ended up signing the contract, still have some more papers to fill in but should be able to move in in around a month, cant wait!


I also bought the canvas above off my housemate who has a display on at one of the bars in town this week.

That's about all. My next post should be my review of The Poker Blueprint but i haven't quite finished reading it yet!

2 comments:

Bailey said...

Heyy, i know you. Love the painting, Roy Lichtenstein meets modern graffiti. Very fun.

Alex Ward said...

yeah i've played a bit against you at 100nl.

probably should start blogging again, i drift in and out of it alot it seems :P