Cash games boost bankrolls!!

Monday 5 March 2007

So i was just listening to the circuit @ cardplayer.com and there was an interview with Theo Tran who talked about how he got his bankroll up by bringing $2k to vegas and just playing 2/5 cash games. It got me thinking about when i got my bankroll to a huge level doing the same thing.

I jumped on Stars and put down what i had left ($88) on a 1/2 table. After about 20mins i was upto $120 and then after about an hour i had lost it after getting sucked out on once and playing shortstack badly :/

...On to Ladbrokes. I started by putting down $50 on a .50/$1 table and got pissed off that every1 was calling, lost a buyin, topped up and lost a bit more. So i left.

Next stop $2/$4! Ok so i found the only 2/4 table going which had pretty big stacks on (most had about $400). I bought in for $150 and got a nice spell of cards. Re-raised with AK and got called, flopped an ace and got all my chips in by the river, called by a low ace. Basically after 30minutes i was upto $1,500!! ....and i actually stopped there too!

I also called somebody down on a bluff when i held 77 and the board was 685TA, he went all-in on the river with 49! :D

Bankroll: $1,750

0 comments: