Took a break. playing shorter sessions.

Saturday 21 November 2009

So after losing a bunch last week i dont think my head was on very straight. If i ever play a session where instead of waiting till the big blind comes before sitting out i just kill stars to quit, then i know i should take a little break from poker.

This 'break' didn't really consist of much. I played a bunch of HoN and went the the driving range with my dad. I hadn't played golf in a while and we got a jumbo basket each. Hitting so many balls really tore up my hands and i have about 3 blisters on each now ;/


Last night a started up some tables again and decided i wanted to just book a win to save me any stress. I played 1k hands and made $220 which i was happy with. Since then i've tried to carry on just playing short sessions. I know alot of pro's do this and i think the reasoning behind it is to keep fresh and on your A game. Anyway, its going well so far so i think i'll keep it up. The only downside of course is not getting in as much volume!

0 comments: