X-Posted from 2+2

Friday 9 January 2009

Iv just been looking through my last 3 months of results in HEM and found out some quite interesting things. (170k hands)

First off i filtered just my hands with 4+ players and >90BB Effective stacks.

Next i filtered....

Preflop Action Facing Player
Position (SB,BB)
Position of 1st Raiser (CO,BTN)
VPIP = True
Could 3Bet = True
Did 3Bet = False


So this was basically when i was in one of the blinds and was facing an open raise from the cut-off or button and just called the raise. -5BI, so a losing play for me, mostly lost from non-showdown (most likely folding to cbet/2-barrel).

Next i changed the filter to Did 3Bet = True.


From the graph you can see that this is definately a winning play for me as i made nearly 28BI's from it.

Obviously this is very dependant on the way i play post-flop and also the hand ranges that i choose to just call with and the ones i choose to raise with. ...However between the 2 graphs one thing that is pretty similar is the showdown winnings, i was breakeven when i got to showdown no matter if i called or 3bet. When i just called i lost alot at non-showdown, when i 3bet i made all my profits from non-showdown.

If any of you have bothered to read on this far does this mean that if i was to 3bet all of the hands that i just called with and play my normal post-flop game i would lose less/win more?

What i am trying to communicate is that my profits/losses in this small part of my game have both come from non-showdown so does it really matter what hand i have here? Assuming that i don't increase my 3bet % by a huge amount that makes calling down/4betting me light profitable.

Also please feel free to nit-pick as much as you like as i am no expert at this and could be way off on something or there could be some huge flaw (most probably).

(Posted at ***SSNL CHEESE THREAD JANUARY 2009***)

0 comments: