Kickstarting the bankroll on stars!

Wednesday 4 April 2007

So as of recently iv been playing on pokerstars. I started by depositing just $10 which i got upto around $30 playing .02/0.05 for a day, super micro limits!!! Neway then i started playing 6-max S&G's buying in for $1.50, turned out i actually had to win every other S&G for itreally to be profitably (which i was going) but still not really making much.

I then started playing $1.50 18player S&G's which i found i could still cash in pretty much 1 in 3 times. The payout of these are much higher and so to make a profit you only need to win 1 in 7, or just cash in about 2/3 out of 7. I had now got my bankroll upto about $70 and so decided to move upto playing the same structure but with a $6 buyin. It all seems to be going ok at the moment, with the exception of KK being cracked the only 3 times iv had them by 33, 33 and AK :/

At the moment i have about $100 from my origional $10 and i feel i am playing with great bankroll management, the next step up is playing the $15 buyin when i reach $250/300, this leaves me with 17/20 buyins, which i hope should be enough to not risk going broke.

Hopefully within a few weeks i should be back to playing the $55 buyins that i was playing last year.

Update: played in 3 more tourneys just now, got knocked out in 6th place in the first one where i got all my money in with KK vs QQ preflop with a Q hitting on the river. The next tourney i won comfortably after being very shortstacked on the final table with 6 remaining. I turned on the aggression, stole a bunch of pots, doubled up and remained aggressive to knock all the other players out taking first place!

The 3rd tourney was a $3 buyin with 45 players. I played pretty tight the first 30min gradually stealing chips then took the chip lead with 20 remaining and bullied right upto and troughout the final table. When we were down to 7 left myself and the other chip leader called a medium stacks all-in. I had KT and the flop came KKT, no bad hehe. So i checked and so did the other guy. The turn came a blank the the other guy bet out. I called and he pushed all-in on the river getting called quickly. I ended up with about 28,000 chips with 2nd place having around 14,000! I played really aggressive putting the pressure on by pushing all-in pretty much every hand and taking the blinds. Soon it was just me vs the 2nd in chips and after a while he pushed his last 20k in with AQ vs my TT. The tens held up and i took $40 for 1st place! :D

Update 2: Also just now i got my first Royal Flush!! I played it badly on the river not betting but i didnt think he would call down a bet and wanted to give him a chance to bluff at the pot :]

http://www.pokerhand.org/?965668

0 comments: